Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Monday, March 22, 2010

Healing Mass

I went to a healing mass with my mom on Friday at Basilica and National Shrine of Our Lady of Consolation in Carey Ohio. It was really great!! Pretty much like a traditional Catholic Mass, but the readings and sermon focused more on healing. Also at the end everyone got the opportunity to go up to the altar and be prayed over. It was a really beautiful church. They had this area set up with display cases of letters and different objects people have left... such as crutches, leg braces and baby shoes etc... it was really amazing to read some of the letters about how people experienced healing or strength from the healing masses. It felt really good to be in a place of such amazing faith. It was pretty emotional because some of the people there were very sick and could hardly walk. Some could not even leave the pews because they were unable to. It was really touching to see the faith that all of these people still had despite their illnesses. I felt so close to God and it was great to have my mom with me too. We really enjoyed ourselves.

I have an appointment tomorrow for my weekly amniotic fluid ultrasound check and then afterward I am meeting with a Neonatologist. So, I am very anxious to see what he/she has to say. I am guessing that I will get a tour of the NICU and some information on what to expect once Eli arrives. I will post again tomorrow with the updates. Love you all and thanks for keeping Eli in your prayers!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers